Monday 22 September 2014

Wash Day


1. As per normal, I pre-pooed overnight with Vatika Oil, but then I discovered some Greek Yoghurt in the fridge, so mixed four tablespoons of that with 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and slapped then on my head for good measure. I left that on for half an hour.

2. I rinsed my hair with warm water, quadrant by quadrant. After I rinsed each section, I applied Garnier Ultra Blend Shea Butter and Avocado Oil on each section and twisted it up. I rinsed after a minute or two. I wrapped my hair in a very thin towel for about half an hour.

3. Then, I worked on each half section of the twist. I applied Kinky Curly Knot Today as a leave in, detangling with my fingers and then sealed with Anita Grant Café Latte.

4. Then I split that section into smaller sections that I could easily fit them into the Curlformers.
Yep, I got them back. Well, kinda.
The Littlest Sis got me some new ones for my birthday. I feel she may have been overly-optimistic/mistaken, because she got me the extra long and wide ones.

*Sings* "Meet me halfway-" "Eh, not even doing that at the moment!"

It took me a little over 2 hours to put them in, because detangling took so long. It was a nightmare. My failed attempts at keeping the set of my faux wash and go resulted in lots of shrinking and tangling at the very root of my hair.
EURGH. Not a good day concerning how much hair I lost.

I'd wanted to use my hooded dryer to speed things up and so I didn't have to sleep on the Curlformers. But at ten to midnight, using a hair dryer/hooded dryer is plain aggressive as far as the neighbours are concerned, so I dealt with it. It was actually okay sleeping on my back, until my contrary self decided to roll over to sleep on my side. Erk.
20 Curlformers in my face was definitely enough to wake me up!

I took the Curlformers out in the morning, and it felt like some parts of my roots were still damp. They were probably just a bit cold, but I was in a sleepless fog. The results on one side were definitely better than the other >.< . I am definitely hood drying next time.



All of this just went into a bun. After last week, I just wanted stretched, low fuss hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)