Monday 5 May 2014

Mini Twists

There are only two things that are officially awful about mini twists - putting them in and taking them out.

I've definitely overcome one of those hurdles.


I'm hoping that it will be a while until the second hurdle. They took me about 5 - 6 days and I did it over a week period, finally finishing this Sunday. In the meanwhile, the loose hair was chunkily twisted and put up into a bun. I worked on the perimeter first, to cover the hair in the middle.

I didn't use any product (that I can remember). And it was fairly easy doing the actual twists - it was overcoming my nausea at how small I thought each one was that was the hardest part! Since I coiled each strand of hair before I twisted them, these are rope twists. But I always do rope twists. I've tried not to and it's actually physically impossible for me to twist fast and not roll and coil each strand beforehand. Maybe that's why the twists are so wriggly and serpentine? I like it though. Looks more voluminous and fun.

Plus, I'm beginning to believe that my scalp exudes glue, not sebum, because my roots are always stuck together.

No, not tangled together. Stuck.

Just a small update anyway. I'm not really sure how long I'll keep them in for, but I'm having a lot of fun already.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you can do lots of fun styles while the twists are in. I would love it when my hair is long enough to have twists that I can pull up and style or even if I add hair like a faux bun or whatnot, but still my own twists could be pulled up for a high bun. Might be a while because my hair shrinks so much, but still. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)