Sunday 2 March 2014

Deep Treatment Day

I don't really think of my 'conditioner-only' wash days as co-wash, or wash days. I think of them as more as days to inject ssome much needed moisture into my hair.

Which, after nearly two weeks, was kinda parched.

1) I pre-pooed with Coconut Oil during the day, but when it came to the act of washing and stuff, it felt like it had all absorbed. So I slathered on some more and then went blog reading for an hour.

2) After that, I heaped on some Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing in Lavender and Ylang ylang, in an effort to make up for the fact I'd been wearing my hair exposed in a ponytail all week and had forgotten/neglected to do anything to it in the meanwhile. I left it on for about 30 minutes.

3) I rinsed it out, using the stream of the water to separate my hair into four twisted sections. Then I squirted a diluted mix of Apple Cider Vinegar all over my scalp. Then I applied Herbal Essences Hello Hydration to each section and let it rest while I massaged the Apple Cider Vinegar into my head.

4) After 5 minutes, I rinsed out the Cider Vinegar and the Herbal Essences Conditioner with warm water, detangling gently with my fingers as we went. I noticed that, for ten days worth, my shedding was a lot less than normal *jaw drops*. Maybe the tea rinse worked?! Definitely have to incorporate it next time I pop my head under the shower stream!

5) I spritzed on a generous aloe vera juice, and then got on with Curlformering. Each twist section was massaged with an amount that covered my nail of Anita Grant's Creamy Café Latte Coconut Berry Body Butter, and then a squirt of Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum.
This time, it only took me an hour. Maybe the practise from last time helped me.
That or the fact it was close to 10:30pm on a Friday night and I was not sleeping with these things in.

6) I put on the Curlformer Soft Bonnet Hood that The Littlest Sister and The Younger Bro had bought me for my birthday last year and kept it on for about 45 minutes.


7) Finally, after 11pm, I removed the Curlformers and started twisting the curls with Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel. A couple were still puffy, but were adequately stretched for my purposes. I pinned the finished twists to my head, to avoid them splaying as they do in a ponytail, which just makes the set look weird.


8) In the morning, I put a small amount of coconut oil and wheatgerm oil (trying to use it up) over the twists to give them shine and make them smell nice. Then, I removed everything. It looked a bit stringy, having been done on a fresh Curlformer set (last time, it was a day and a half old, so it had more volume) so I separated the twists apart, in the knowledge that it probably wouldn't survive another night.
Freshly unravelled...
..and then separated.

That's it! I'm elated by the smaller amount of shedding (thank you Jeni from JustGrowAlready!) and will definitely be implementing tea rinses more often into my hair care.
Oh, and I will not be doing my hair so late in the night again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)