Monday 11 February 2013

Greek Wash Day

I had been pondernig doing another Greek Yoghurt treatment, and then a colleague requested an Apple Yoghurt cake for his birthday and wham! Perfect excuse.

Okay, I bought the yoghurt before hand, but the cake excuse made me feel it was justified. Similar recipe to what I used here.

So small. And yet, so deliciously powerful.
The cake was both simple and simply divine, as were my results when using it in my hair.

To even write what I did feels sliightly patronising, but here goes!
1) Slathered my hair in coconut oil overnight. 2) Added 2 tablespoon fuls of greek yoghurt to a bowl, along with 2 tablespoonfuls of apple cider vinegar and 10 drops of peppermint essential oil. Mixed with a wooden spoon. 3) Applied yoghurt mix to my hair and left it for 20 minutes (possibly whilst wearing a plastic bag or something. I don't remember). 4) Rinsed out of hair thoroughly, sniffing for peppermint as a hint as to what areas were still incomplete.

As an experiment, I liberally added some aloe vera gel to one side of my hair to see if it made a difference and it did.
It dried, as gels are wont to do, making my hair feel crunchy with it's soft hold and encouraging me to put some Felix Capillus on it to soften it up >.<

And that was it! Ah, I love wash days that don't take a lot of effort...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)