Friday 10 December 2010

So I henna'd...

But not my hair.

I henna'd my hands!

Here's the pattern whilst drying.


It took an ages to dry. The lovely lady who did it for me told me it would dry in an hour, 2 hours tops.

It took 5 hours to completely dry.

This included about 20 minutes under a hand dryer.

And I SMUDGED it.

This is what it looked like straight after I'd grown desperately bored and washed it off, about 5 hours later.



One of my friend's got hers done too and I'm very jealous at how her design darkens the further it goes down.
I think it was accidental, but it's still gorgeous.


Warning to anyone thinking of trying this: You peel. Not as in an orange. As in your skin. I never understood it when people who tanned or got sunburnt talked about peeling.

I was like, how does your skin peel?

I can now assume it looks somewhat like my hand a week after I got the henna done.

So be warned.

A bicarbonate of soda, brown sugar and olive oil scrub was used, followed by a thin covering of aloe vera gel for a couple of days sorted it out but it was still unpleasant.

But other than that, I've gotten all interested in henna designs now...

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE it!! it's so pretty!! i used to do this as a child, with my friends. Of course not intricate designs like this, but that makes me want to get it done!! lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)