Wednesday 15 September 2010

Hair-xperimentation...Southern Tease Bun

So, while I was a-wandering through BlogWorld yesterday, taking a peek in at my usuals and my not-so-usual places, when I came across mention of Mane and Chic's Southern Tease Bun.

I was like "Huh? Southern what?"

I can't lie to you.

I thought it was a food recipe or something and I was hungry.

So I skedaddled over there, and checked out her less-than-one-minute-tutorial. Simple, quick and easy! I had to try it out.


So, I took my hair out of the three strand twists I've been mucking about with. The set turned out a little bit crazy.


I think if I'd done them smaller, I would have been able to wear it out, but I wasn't in the mood for those shenanigans yesterday.
So, I followed the tutorial: Put hair into a ponytail, flicking the ponytail up, so the ends are now on top of the ponytail, and then folding the sides in. It took me two pins to hold it in, because my hair has issues with being controlled and takes a little persuading. But we got there:


KAPOW! SHAZAM! Sassy! Sophisticated! And s...s....er..smoggy picture quality ¬_¬

That's better.

Of course, my inner accessory junkie now wants to get some hair sticks, so I can slay silly smack-talkers simply with a look (okay, enough sibilance for one post). Click my fingers in a 'Z' and watch them swoon and *WEEP* (because I combine the best of class and sassy).
Can you tell I'm feeling this hairstyle? I like its simplicity and its effectiveness.

However, I had a problem, trying to decide what to do with the front. Usually, I rock my fringe...


But I wasn't feeling it together with the bun.

So, I tried a pulled back pompador/quiff thingy and I thought it looked quite nice....


From the top T_T

And unless I'ma have people standing on my head all day, this is not helpful.

So, then, I flat-twisted the fringe...


It looks better in real life than it does in the photo. Promise.

The other side started to feel neglected, so I put a flower clip there to brighten it up a little.


Flower: £3.50 from a pack of 2 from Claire's Accessories


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)